Konkan Railway Corporation connects the Konkan coast of India, with 75+ railway stations, millions of passengers a day. Our enterprise collaboration suite built on our product, Servaya, connects 3000+ employees of Konkan Railway, keeping the Konkan coast connected without missing a beat.
Konkan Railway was built in a difficult terrain where internet connectivity and human resource availability both were a major challenge. They needed a system which reaches all their officers over flaky connectivity with centralised management of services.
Merce offered a centralised system based on Servaya with servers spread across four locations catering to 75+ stations. It included following modules:
Servaya with following in-built modules :
- LDAP based directory, and extensive user management
- Email: seamless internal and external communication with access control
- Web proxy with full controlled access (similar to UTM)
- File sharing, common share area
- Security extensions included, AV, AS, SSL, and VPN
- Instant messaging for real-time chatting
- Intranet for access to notices, notifications, news based on Drupal
Additional modules integrated and developed for KRCL :
- Document Management System based on Alfresco in drive to create paperless office
- Project Management System
- Elearning system based on Moodle
- SMS integration
First phase was delivered in six months, while coordinating with multi parties involved like HP who provided servers, and thin-client manufacturers who worked closely with us to design the exact specs of their model as required by the client. Solution was deployed only using 8 servers including backup and redundancy. Minimum human resource (3 junior engineers and 1 senior tech specialist) was deployed for 6 years of our engagement with them.