It’s never chilled out at Merce. Don’t get us wrong, the AC is working. It’s only because Merce is hectic, often stressful, sometimes confusing, but always worthwhile. That makes it a great place to work. Plus, Swiggy delivers to our office.
We know our hires prove us right. We hope our rejects prove us right too. These days, we have a few empty desks. We don’t know what you’re looking for, but we’re looking for the following. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, putting the position applied for in your subject line.
Application Engineer (C)
Your core skill required here is C programming, together with knowledge of Oracle SQL. Knowledge of other programming languages and systems like Java, Springboot, and NodeJS is useful.
- Understanding business requirements in the financial domain
- Working on independent modules based on requirements
- Writing clean, bug-free code
- Unit testing
- Deployment of solution in UAT/production environment
- Support to UAT and production environments
- Support for BoD and EoD activities on production systems
- Coordination with production support and other team, escalation of issues and ensuring resolution
- Experienced in C programming
- Oracle SQL and PL/SQL programming
- Multi-threaded C code
- Linux and shellscripting
- Ability to do new development as well as work on legacy code
- Excellent oral and written communication
Application Engineer (Java/Apex/Salesforce)
For this opoening, you need to be strong in coding and in up-skilling yourself to full-stack development. In particular, we are looking for bright application developers for an organisation which has a product in the retail banking space and several customers in the Americas and Europe. This product runs on the Salesforce stack, and code is in Apex. This is a rare opportunity to work on this cutting-edge platform.
- Application of agile methodologies, tracked using Jira
- Developing, customising and integrating the product with the end-client’s systems
- Understanding of the data models, database design, of existing product
- Updating tickets in the tracking system with complete and coherent descriptions
- Eventual work on-site at Goregaon, Mumbai
- Strong ability for self-learning and independent working. Methodical workers required.
- Development experience of 3+ years
- Experience in Salesforce Apex or in Java with any modern framework (Spring, Springboot, Struts)
- Knowledge of web services development (JSON, authentication tokens, etc)
- Unit testing — Junit experience preferred
- Banking software experience preferred
Tech Lead (Applications)
This position is for a Tech Lead — Application Software. You are expected to provide leadership and guidance in areas of software development and systems design. You are expected to solve problems escalated by team members, as well as do independent technology exploration and development. You are not expected to be a project manager, and will not be responsible for on-time delivery by team members. This is a hard-core hands on technical role, not a team management role.
This position is for people of rare technical excellence in Merce. Seniority in software development does not give you an automatic path to a Tech Lead position.
- Technical guidance to team: difficult bugs in software will be escalated to the TLE by team members, so that he acts as the last layer of software support for the dev team.
- Quality standards and processes: the TL will be expected to review code and work done by team members to verify that it meets quality standards.
- Exploration and evaluation: of new software modules, libraries, layered products (directory servers, database engines, etc), programming frameworks, so that the dev team may be asked to switch to the evaluated component.
- Prior experience: Extensive experience working on Java or any other Web technologies. Knowledge of front-end technologies like Angular, React. Experience in banking domain will be ideal, but is not mandatory. Ready to work on Salesforce platform and Apex technology. 6+ years of hands-on experience mandatory.
- Design patterns. Very good understanding of software design patterns.
- Good computer science education: he must understand data structures and algorithms, order of complexity of algorithms, programming paradigms, etc, at a conceptual level, not just a practitioner’s level. Understanding functional programming concepts is different from “knowing LISP.”
- Excellent technical communication: must be able to post coherent messages as queries and responses to online forums and extract knowledge from strangers.
Application Engineer (E-business)
This role is for software development in PHP on the Magento framework. You will be developing and maintaining e-commerce websites, integrating with logistics providers, payment gateways and other back-end systems, and managing production servers running Magento based sites. You will also work on deploying patch updates to Magento, security measures, and performance tuning.
- Meeting with the client’s team to discuss the needs of the company
- Building and configuring Magento v2 eCommerce websites
- Developing Magento modules in PHP
- Extending themes and creating new interfaces
- Setting up payment gateways, integrating Google Maps
- Creating marketplace
- Assisting clients to upload the data like catalogues and item masters
- Integrating with external APIs
- Google Analytics integration and creating reports
- Updating website features and security patches
- Databases: MySQL and Postgres
- Experience with complete eCommerce lifecycle development
- Understanding of modern UI/UX trends
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager, SEO, Google Analytics, PPC, and A/B Testing
- Experience with task tracking systems and with Git code repositories
Sales Specialist (Services)
As a sales professional, you will engage with the large enterprise clients, introduce the organization, build the relationship and propose our services and products based on their requirements.
- Search for new prospects
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements
- Advising client on technology upgrade and related services
- Persuade clients that a solution best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery
- Negotiate contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs
- Prepare proposals and manage client accounts
- Provide pre-sales technical inputs, with assistance from tech leads
- Arrange and carry out product training
- Meet regular sales targets
- Support marketing activities by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events
- Make technical presentations and demonstrate how a product meets client needs
- Liaise with other members of the marketing team, technical experts, recruitment team
- Provide sales material, gather relevant tech documents for client engagement
- Traveling is limited, but if needed, ability to travel in India and other countries
- Mandatory: strong background in software services sales
- Mandatory: strong background in B2B sales to enterprise customers in India
- Sound judgement and good business sense
- Team-playing and relationship building abilities
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Resilience and tenacity
- Independence and self-reliance